The ZED defines the next evolution of high performance touring bindings.
The standard binding includes the leash. The binding and brake packages include the binding, leash and brake of the selected width.
- Simple, minimal boot stop – super light weight, effective step in guidance.
- Single screw for full release value adjustment of vertical and lateral release.
- Includes set of 2 coiled cable leashes. easy to install and use with any ski boot. Includes coated wire boot connector loops. 14g/0.5oz (single).
- Optional add-on brake is easy to install / uninstall.
- Compatible with ION crampon.
- Compatible with G3 mounting jig
- 30mm length adjustment.
- 5-12 RV
Weight: 310g / 10.9 oz (single, no leash)
Starting with the proven platform of the ION, we looked at every part, every mechanism, and every screw to evolve the idea of a fully featured binding at the lightest weight possible. With the ZED we set out to define the next generation of lightweight high-performance touring bindings. At only 345 grams, its the lightest fully featured tech binding.
As backcountry skiers, we focus on simplicity and efficiency to go further and do more in the mountains. With that same mindset we loaded the ZED with a full yet simplistic feature set that saves valuable weight and reliably has your back when you’re deep in the mountains.
- Quick Flick Heel Lifts
- Single Tool Simplicity
- Heel Turret Turns Either Direction
- 30mm Length Adjustment
- Toe Jaw Strength Clears Snow
- Anti-snowpacking Features
A binding can be light and simple for the hike up, but none of that matters if you can’t ski it the way you want. The ZED truly stands confident in a league of its own with all the power and performance of a much heavier modern touring binding, but packs it into a super light and simple package.
- Optimal toe elasticity maximumes energy absorption
- 10 mm range of forward pressure for consistent release
- Wide freeride mount for power transfer & pull-out resistance
- Optional add-on brake is easy to install/uninstall
- Compatible with the ION Crampon for icy ascents
“Beautifully designed and made bindings, with astonishing attention to detail to make these bindings as light as possible without sacrificing performance or safety”